Electrical fires in the home claim the lives of thousands of individuals while injuring many, many more each year. Some of these fires are caused by electrical system failures and appliance defects, but many more are caused by the misuse and poor maintenance of electrical appliances, incorrectly installed wiring, overloaded circuits and extension cords, and the running of cords under rugs or in high-traffic areas.

Corb Electric, Inc. would like consumers to know that there are simple steps you can take to prevent the loss of life and property resulting from electrical fires:

Avoid placing miscellaneous items on top of appliances. Most appliances, such as televisions, need to have a free flow of air around them so they do not overheat and start a fire.

Avoid using multi-plug devices. These devices can generate heat that can result in system breakdowns or fire.

Avoid using extension cords. Prolonged use of extension cords can result in system breakdowns and/or create a trip hazard.

When buying electrical appliances, look for products that meet the Underwriter's Laboratory (UL) standard for safety.

Check your electrical tools regularly for signs of wear. If the cords are frayed or cracked, replace them. Replace any tool if it causes even small electrical shocks, overheats, shorts out or gives off smoke or sparks.

Avoid homemade, do-it-yourself repairs. Call Corb Electric, Inc. today for all your installation and repair needs!

Phone: 847-446-4104


>














Copyright 2010 ©. All rights reserved.
Terms of use  |  Privacy Policy